Last Two Days in Estes Park, CO

We decided to stay two more unexpected days in Estes Park.  We just couldn't help ourselves.  There is SOOOO much to do there, and honestly 4 days just didn't seem like enough.  I didn't go anywhere knew though, so I have no featured posts to make....but I will tell you that I am being 100% honest when I say, there is SO much to do there.  Things that cost money, and things that don't cost money, things that could cost money, and things that never cost money.  Yes....Estes Park CAN BE expensive....but if you play your cards right, it doesn't have to be.  Lodging will always be a bit more up there....but honestly, as long as you have a week pass into the Rocky Mountain National Park, you don't need much more...well...other than gas or food, but you don't have to do things that cost money.  If you aren't into hiking, biking, fishing, scenery, etc...then yes, you will spend a little bit of money doing the other things we did...the jeep tours, horseback riding, etc.  But the point I am trying to make is there is SO much to do there.  You will not lack for excitement, or in my kids' case, wonderment.  There is something for everyone.  We spent an extra two days there.  The first day we drove around The Rocky Mountain National Park and went site seeing.  We were looking for animals, hiking, fishing in the little creeks beside the road, etc.  Late we fished in Lake Estes while the little two people and I went swimming and sitting in the hot tub.  The last day we were there, we went to the other side of the mountain and fished and hiked at Grand Lake.  They have a GREAT waterfall only .3 miles from the boat dock called Adam Waterfall.  It was so pretty.  Next year we plan on fishing in the water above it. Great place to fly fish!  We have so many plans for next year already!  We were always really busy, and there is STILL so much we didn't get to do.  Our plan is to get into better shape this year so we can hike the harder mountains!  We may have high expectations....but we had so much fun!  We also went to the top of the mountain to the Alpine Ranger Station.  We hiked from the station up to about 12,000 feet.  It was beautiful up there....but I knew my lungs were lacking oxygen!  :-)  We had a fantastic couple of days.
Here is Jeff and I at Bear Lake.
 Fly fishing down some river off the road.
 Here is MaKenna and I on top of the world!
 Major on top of the world.

 Nice Elk!  My boys wished they had a bow and arrow!  Boogers!
 My first Moose I've ever seen in the wild!
 MaKenna feeding the wildlife...I think you get like a $500 fine for that!
 MaKenna's first fish of the day!
 A doe up by Adam's waterfall.
 Adams Waterfall.  So much prettier in person!
 More elk.
 I think we wore him out.....
On our way out of town yesterday we FINALLY saw Big Horn Sheep!  Here are two females and a baby!


We only had a room for 4 nights at the Rodeway Inn....but then they were booked.  So in order to stay two more nights, we had to hope that someone had a room available.  Right across the street from Rodeway Inn was Murphy's Resort.  They had a vacancy, and they were able to give us a decent deal.  They were doing renovations, and we were lucky enough to get a room that had new mattresses, TV, etc.  It was really nice.  Very quiet, the pool was outside, but heated so they kids loved it even when I thought it was too cold.  Their hottub was wonderful.  It was huge, like a swimming pool, the kids thought that was great too...and they had a playground as well as grills that helped with our need to eat in.  Our room had a refrigerator and a microwave too.  It was close enough to Lake Estes that the boys walked down there for night fishing each night, and we could even watch them.  It was truly perfect.  Their breakfast was light, but it was enough to get us going in the mornings.  They also have DVD's that you can "rent" for free while you are there.  The staff was also super nice and it seemed like they would bend over backwards to help us out.  I would definitely stay there again, and may look into it when we go back.  We'd like to go back for Christmas!  I think it would be beautiful to go up there in the winter!  If not for Christmas then, for sure next summer....or maybe spring break.  Who knows!  Whenever we get the itch I guess!


Thank you Estes Park, Colorado, Rhonda Sharp and US Family Guide for one of the BEST vacations I've EVER had!

*I was paid nothing for my post....all of the thoughts in this post are my own*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review...Soft Lips Products...and GIVEAWAY!!!

New Soft Scrub Advanced Surface Review and Giveaway!

SCHLITTERBAHN GIVEAWAY!!!!