Fearless, by Eric Blehm, Incredible Book Review



I had the EXTRAORDINARY privilege to review Fearless, byEric Blehm.  If you're interested in the author podcast, click here.  There is also a website for the book, which is a really interesting read.  Check it out here.


FEARLESS takes you deep into SEAL Team SIX, straight to the heart of one of its most legendary operators.
When Navy SEAL Adam Brown woke up on March 17, 2010, he didn’t know he would die that night in the Hindu Kush Mountains of Afghanistan, but Adam was ready: In a letter to his children, not meant to be seen unless the worst happened, he wrote “I’m not afraid of anything that might happen to me on this Earth, because I know no matter what, nothing can take my spirit from me.”
But long before Adam Brown became a member of the elite SEAL Team SIX—the counterterrorism unit that took down Osama bin Laden—there was a fun-loving country boy from Arkansas whose greatest goal had been to wear his high school’s football jersey. An undersized daredevil, prone to jumping off roofs into trees and off bridges into lakes, Adam Brown was a kid who broke his own bones but would never break a promise to his parents … until he grew older, and his family watched that appetite for risk draw him into a downward spiral that eventually landed him in jail.
FEARLESS is the story of a man of extremes, whose determination was fueled by faith, family, and the love of a woman. It’s about a man who waged a war against his own worst impulses and persevered to reach the top tier of the U.S. military. Always the first to volunteer for the most dangerous assignments, Adam Brown's final act of bravery led to the ultimate sacrifice.
FEARLESS is the intimate story of a devoted man who was an unlikely hero but a true warrior, described by all who knew him as just that—fearless.

MY TAKE:

First off let me just say, "WOW".  I have always loved anything military.  I was in Air Force ROTC, I wanted to be the first female fighter pilot to fight in combat.  Unfortunately, my eyesight wouldn't allow that though.  But underneath all of my girlie tendencies, I am fully a tomboy and military woman at heart.  So this book was an absolute must read for me.

Not only was it in the style that I like, but it had a topic that I liked in more ways then one.  See, Adam was an addict.  While I read this book, my husband was going through some of the grueling addiction problems that Adam went through.  It was so encouraging for me to see Adam come out the other side and become such an incredible man that would ultimately die for each one of us...for our freedom and safety.

This was an absolute page turner.  I have already passed it on to my father to read....then it will go to my husband.  It will continue to make its rounds within my circle of friends.  That is how I know it is a good book, when I am willing to share it with others.

Don't believe me?  Want to read the first chapter and find out on your own?  Click here.

*I was given this book by Waterbrook Mutnomah Publishing Group so that I could give an honest review of the book.  No monetary compensation was given.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review...Soft Lips Products...and GIVEAWAY!!!

New Soft Scrub Advanced Surface Review and Giveaway!

SCHLITTERBAHN GIVEAWAY!!!!