Voice in the Wind Book Review by Francine Rivers




This classic series has already inspired nearly 2 million readers, but both loyal fans and new readers will want this 20th anniversary edition of a Christian classic, which includes a foreword from the publisher, a letter from and Q & A with Francine Rivers, color map, an illustrated glossary, and discussion questions suitable for personal and group use.

The first book in the bestselling Mark of the Lion series, A Voice in the Wind brings readers back to the first century and introduces them to a character they will never forget—Hadassah. Torn by her love for a handsome aristocrat, this young slave girl clings to her faith in the living God for deliverance from the forces of decadent Rome.

MY TAKE:

After having read Francine Rivers' book Redeeming Love and claiming it to be my favorite book ever read, I knew I was in for a treat with this book!  I was SO excited to start reading it!  It didn't disappoint....what a great story teller Francine Rivers truly is.  

However, I did find this book much harder to start and continue than Redeeming Love.  About half way through it started getting much easier.  Whether or not it was because I started getting used to the language she uses, or it just simply got easier.  

I am an avid reader, but I think my trouble was with the words used in the first century, the spellings, the easily mispronounced words/names and the differing events taken place in that era that I knew little about prior to reading this book.  On the flip side, it was a wonderful way to get to know the first century and how it functioned.  Francine Rivers really seemed to have done her homework.  I was learning things that I had never known before, all while getting a fictional story to help me learn and retain these things.

All and all, it was a fabulous book, it was just written in a style that I am not used to, but it didn't deter me from continuing to read it.  I absolutely would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Christian fiction and maybe wants to learn a little bit about the Roman Empire.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review...Soft Lips Products...and GIVEAWAY!!!

New Soft Scrub Advanced Surface Review and Giveaway!

SCHLITTERBAHN GIVEAWAY!!!!