Men of Sunday Book Review


Book Review

What Amazon has to say:

Step into the locker rooms and living rooms of NFL players and their families to see how a close relationship with God guides football's biggest stars.
In a behind-the-scenes, off-the-field glimpse into one of America's most beloved sports, Men of Sunday reveals how Sunday's greatest rely on God to face issues such as drug abuse, family crisis, injuries, and temptations resulting from fame and fortune.

Compiled from dozens of interviews, Men of Sunday marks the intersection of two Sunday traditions: faith and football. Inspired by the league's "systemic shift" toward embracing Christianity, Bloomberg writer Curtis Eichelberger shows how God is a source of comfort when facing the unique challenges of life in the NFL and the everyday challenges of maintaining strong families and building character.

Featured personalities include 
  • Baltimore Ravens linebacker Ray Lewis
  • New York Jets running back LaDainian Tomlinson
  • Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers
  • Former Chicago Bears middle linebacker Mike Singletary
  • Cincinnati Bengals coach Marvin Lewis
  • Former Indianapolis Colts coach Tony Dungy
  • San Diego Chargers pastor Shawn Mitchell
  • Danisha Rolle, wife of former Tennessee and Baltimore defensive back Samari Rolle
  • And many more
Men of Sunday is a must-have for any football fan, teaching the invaluable lesson of trusting in the Lord—both on and off the field.

MY TAKE:

I am an avid football fan!  LOVE IT!!  LOVE IT!!!  LOVE IT!!!!!!  From August through February Super Bowl, I am the one on the couch while my husband is the one taking care of kids and in the kitchen.  He doesn't care much for football...he is all about hockey...but me....there is no greater sport in my opinion!!!  I really don't know why I love the sport.  Maybe because I loved spending time with my dad...and that is what we did, we watched football and tinkered with cars!  Regardless of why I love it, I have another....greater love and that is of Jesus Christ.  When you put football and Jesus in the same book....BAM!  I AM SOLD!!!  Men of Sunday was just what I needed to read.  I needed to know that there are men on the field every Sunday playing my favorite sport and playing it to give God the Glory!  That is AWESOME!  I LOVED the interviews that were done in this book!  Not only did I learn a ton about some of my favorite people and even some that I had no idea were Christians...but I also learned a lot about myself and leadership roles.  I am not saying that I thought every one in the NFL was a heathen before this book.  I knew that there were Christians who played ball, just like there are Christians in Hollywood...but sadly, they are few and far between...or at least they say their Christians, but they certainly don't live their lives that way.  These men and wives of the NFL in this book DOOOOOO live their lives in a Christ like way and I think that is SOOO cool!  I was already a fan of many of the people in this book....but there are a few more that I am going to be keeping my eye on now!  Why?  Not just because they are Christians....we are told to love everyone...but because through this book, I have learned a lot for myself personally and I have the men and wives of Sunday to thank for it!  Thanks to Curtis Eichelberger for bringing two of my passions into one!!!!!!

HIGHLY recommend this book....if your football player....and honestly...even if you're not!
Buy your copy HERE!

*I was sent a copy of Men of Sunday to review.  I received no compensation.  All of the opinions expressed in this review are mine alone.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review...Soft Lips Products...and GIVEAWAY!!!

New Soft Scrub Advanced Surface Review and Giveaway!

SCHLITTERBAHN GIVEAWAY!!!!