One Call Away book review by Brenda Warner

I had the extraordinary opportunity to review One Call Away by Brenda Warner.  I was blessed to read Kurt and Brenda's book they co-wrote First Things First a couple years ago, so when I found out she had one out too, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  My kids all just rolled their eyes because there goes mom again on her football tangent.  I LOVE football and they tell me I am obsessed with it....but that is not entirely true.  The Warners story is truly an amazing story...football or not.  Spiritually there is a lot of meat in this book that can be applied to lives facing issues....regardless of the kind of issues.

What you will find on the dust jacket:

Brenda Warner is best known as the outspoken wife of NFL superstar and Dancing with the Stars alum Kurt Warner.  But years earlier, she found herself living through any woman's nightmare: a healthy baby tragically injured in the bathtub; a sudden end to a career she loved; betrayal and divorce; poverty; public humiliation; a deadly natural disaster that destroyed her foundation and shook her to her core.  One shattering phone call at a time, Brenda Warner's life came to resemble little of her dream.

But each time her plans fell apart, Brenda faced a choice; to collapse in the face of tragedy or press forward and survive.  She chose to keep going.  In the process, she's learned that the unexpected is only one call away.  Her story provides hope and encouragement for anyone facing life's challenges and shows us that our circumstances don't tell us who we are, nor are they a measure of God's love.  God has a plan for us, even when our plans fail.  Brenda's life is proof that sometimes the best dreams are not the ones we dream, but the ones that come true when we least expect them.

MY TAKE:

First of all, I need to put a plug in for their wonderful foundation called First Things First Foundation.  If you have a chance, check out their website.  They do a ton of good for those who can't do things on their own.

Secondly, wow...I knew the Warner's lives were full, busy and chaotic...just like everyone else's...but when you look at celebrities, you don't tend to think that they have any of those things.  They always seem to have it together.  This book reminded me that EVERYONE has issues...even those who fake it really well for the spotlight.  Football players who miss the winning kick, or basketball players who miss the winning basket....maybe they were up all night with a sick baby, maybe they got a terrible call that morning that someone was sick, or worse, had died.  You just never know.  I have always hated it when people are so critical of celebrities, but now, even more so.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone.  Not just women either.  I think anyone can take a lot from this book.  Being from Phoenix I really wanted to read about the Warner's since he was one of my favorite players, but this book did so much more for me than just tell me about the Warner's.  It reminded me of life and how everyone struggles and how we all make mistakes...and how with God...everything can be made right again.  I had a very difficult time putting this book down, and I am willing to bet, that you will too.

*I was given this book by Bookworm for my honest review.  All of the opinions stated are mine.*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review...Soft Lips Products...and GIVEAWAY!!!

New Soft Scrub Advanced Surface Review and Giveaway!

SCHLITTERBAHN GIVEAWAY!!!!