Chris Raabes New Phenomenon Book Review




My name is Chris Raabe, the author of THE PHENOMENON TRILOGY. Book One, THE NEW PHENOMENON was released October 2011. Book two, ON THE RUN will be released January 15, 2013. You can look for book three in the spring/summer of 2013.  I have had a number of poems and essays published by Fine Lines, a non-profit writing publication, which I also help edit when I have the time.
Not only am I an author, but I also teach middle school in Omaha, Nebraska.  Along with teaching, I coach softball in the fall at a local high school and for a summer youth softball organization, so my year consists of a lot of days on the ball fields around the Omaha area.
I enjoy the outdoors with my family, and in the spring you might find me working in the garden with one of my daughters.  I can’t pass up the opportunity to do a little grilling in the backyard or drown a couple worms in a small lake, hoping to hook my next lunker.
I spent my youth in the Omaha area before moving to Red Oak, Iowa for high school.  That is probably why I selected Red Oak as the setting for my first book.  I enjoyed my time there before moving on to college at Peru State, where I played baseball and wrote for the Peru State Times newspaper.  My years in Red Oak with Mr. Button and Mr. Gilbert as my mentors helped shape me as a writer.  I enjoy putting pen to paper to scratch out an idea before tackling the keyboard to create the next poem, essay, or book.  As my Fine Lines leader, Dave Martin, would say, “Write On!”

About the book!
Every teenager wants to fit in, and Christian Pearson is no different. He is a phenomenon on the athletic field and in the classroom, but a terrifying accident on a fishing trip with his grandfather changes Christian's life forever. As he enters his freshman year of high school, Christian hides a secret that he plans to take to his grave. When the Pearson family moved from the city to the sleepy town of Red Oak, Iowa, before his freshman year of high school, Christian hoped for a smooth transition to small town life. Being the new kid in school has been a blessing and a curse. Most of the boys in Christian's class view him as a threat, so Christian struggles to fit it, but as an outcast, his secret is safe. When three freshmen, all from the same family, start school a week late, Christian senses something different about these new students. He reaches out to "The Three" seeking some semblance of friendship in his new hometown. When "The Three" confront Christian about the secret he hides, Christian is faced with a huge problem. Will this secret cost Christian his friends, his family, his freedom, and even his life?

My Sons Take:

It's awesome.... read it or suffer an eternal pain of not reading The New Phenomenon... Have a nice day.- Cam

Mom:
He's 13......enough said.  :-)  Anyway...I have not yet got to read it.  Cam gave it to me to read, but with the bible studies I am involved in, etc...I have not had the opportunity to yet...but I have never read a book that Cam has told me to read that I HAVEN'T liked.  We have the same taste in books...so I am confident that I will enjoy it.  If nothing more, you should buy it for your teen or tween and then read it also!!  As a bonus, Mr. Raabe was one of my son's teachers in 7th grade.  He was a favorite of Cam's!  Great guy!

You can purchase it at Amazon.  Just click here.

*I was given nothing for this post.  All of the opinions are mine...or my sons.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review...Soft Lips Products...and GIVEAWAY!!!

New Soft Scrub Advanced Surface Review and Giveaway!

SCHLITTERBAHN GIVEAWAY!!!!