Freefall to Fly Book Review

I was given the extraordinary opportunity to review the book Freefall to Fly, A Breathtaking Journey Toward a Life of Meaning by Rebekah Lyons.  Thanks to Handlebar for allowing me this opportunity!

Here is what Amazon says about it:

Women today are fading. In a female culture built on Photoshopped perfection and Pinterest fantasies, we’ve lost the ability to dream our own big dreams. So busy trying to do it all and have it all, we’ve missed the life we were really designed for. And we are paying the price. The rise of loneliness, depression, and anxiety among the female population in Western cultures is at an all-time high. Overall, women are two and a half times more likely to take antidepressants than men. What is it about our culture, the expectations, and our way of life that is breaking women down in unprecedented ways?

In this vulnerable memoir of transformation, Rebekah Lyons shares her journey from Atlanta, Georgia, to the heart of Manhattan, where she found herself blindsided by crippling depression and anxiety. Overwhelmed by the pressure to be domestically efficient, professionally astute, and physically attractive, Rebekah finally realized that freedom can come only by facing our greatest fears and fully surrendering to God’s call on our lives. This book is an invitation for all women to take that first step toward freedom. For it is only when we free-fall that we can truly fly.


Here is what I say about it:

At first, I was a little leery.  See, I had just gotten done reading a memoir that I really wasn't a big fan of (see earlier posts).  This was supposed to be a memoir too...but it was really good.  Very revealing....very much what I needed right now for this stage of my life.  Let me start with her style of writing.  Very easy to read.....and she is incredibly descriptive.  She was able to put things into words that I couldn't even imagine putting into words.  Simple visual things...but also deep feelings.  Feelings that I have felt before but had no idea how to describe.  She was so open....so vulnerable, it was captivating to read someones innermost thoughts...thoughts that I have always been to afraid to let out.  She really helped me deal with a lot in just this one book.  I would definitely suggest this book to anyone that wants to....needs to find their life of meaning!

*I was given no compensation for this post, only my honest opinion was asked.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review...Soft Lips Products...and GIVEAWAY!!!

New Soft Scrub Advanced Surface Review and Giveaway!

SCHLITTERBAHN GIVEAWAY!!!!